Are wait lists illegal? How do you get the services your child needs? What if you are not getting a good service from provider? Watch the video. Here are the steps I would take:
- Contact your support coordinator and let them know you do not nave a service or the service is substandard.
- Contact your provider if you are concerned about the service or feel it is substandard. Let the provider know that you are not happy and give them a chance to resolve the issue.
- If the provider or support coordinator are unable to resolve your issue in a timely manner make sure to file a quality of care complaint and/or contact DDD Customer Service,
- AHCCCS: Concerns About the Quality of Care Received-If you have a complaint about a provider or a concern about the quality of care or services you have received, please send an e-mail with your name, AHCCCS identification number, date of birth, phone number, the name of the provider and a short description of the complaint or concern to CQM@azahcccs.gov
- DDDCustomerServiceCenter@azdes.gov or by calling 1-844-770-9500
- If you have questions contact Cynthia Macluskie at 480-940-1093.